From time to time our clients and potential clients ask us a number of questions in order that they can make decisions about our services. Here are a few of the Frequently Asked Questions, some of which may be relevant to you:
1. How can I pay?
You can make payment in one of the following options:
a. Online from our website where we accept payment via Pay Pal, Visa Debit, Visa Credit, MasterCard, American Express, and Maestro.
b. Telephone Pay Pay and Card (Visa Debit, Visa Credit, MasterCard, American Express, and Maestro) payment
c. Bank Transfer or Cheque via an Invoice requested from the website if you click on “Check/Money Order”, sending an email or completed booking form and request payment via invoice.
d. Instalment via Standing Order by prior arrangements
2. Can Aspyra deliver the training on our own site?
Yes, we are happy to deliver the training on your site at a mutually convenient date and time
3. Will I receive a certificate for the training course that I attend?
Yes, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance for the training Course(s) that you attend with Aspyra.
4. Does Aspyra provide lunch at the training events?
Yes, we do provide lunch at our training events and it is important that you let us know if you have any special and/or dietary requirements.
5. How long do the one day training courses last?
The duration of a typical training day is 6 hours 9:30 am to 4:30 pm, however, we do allow some flexibility in the start and finish time.
6. Do I receive training materials that I can take away?
You will receive training materials to support each of the training course that you attend.
7. Can Aspyra deliver customised training in Excel for example, by selecting some of the topics from beginners, intermediate and Advanced?
Yes, Aspyra will develop and deliver bespoke training courses to meet your specific needs and requirements.
8. Do you deliver Training courses at different geographic locations?
Yes, we deliver our training courses at different locations throughout the UK.
9. Where in Nottingham will I attend the training?
Lancaster House Ebury Road Nottingham NG5 1BB
The European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) is a qualification that is recognised globally and is an industry standard for a variety of organisations throughout the world. The ECDL Qualification provides people with the opportunity to develop their computer skills and competence whilst obtaining an IT qualification. Never heard of it? Unsure what ECDL is all about? The ECDL FAQs below will guide will reveal a number of things you need to know about this highly sought-after qualification.
10. Do I have to use Microsoft Office to take the ECDL course?
ECDL is not restricted to Microsoft applications.
11. Can I take more than one ECDL exam on the same day?
Yes, you can take more than one ECDL exam on the same day with Aspyra but you must ensure that when you are booking your exams, you let us know the number of exams you wish to take and the title of the units.
12. What are the pass marks for ECDL?
The pass mark for each of the ECDL unit is 75%.
13. Can I take my ECDL Exams only with Aspyra?
Yes, Aspyra is also an Accredited ECDL Test Only Centre, so if you have taken the course elsewhere, you can take the Exams with Aspyra.
14. What is the European Computer Driving Licence?
European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) is the global standard for computer users and an internationally recognised certification that is supported by governments, computer societies, international organisations. The qualification is therefore widely recognised by employers as proof of ability and competence when working with computers.
15. When I complete ECDL Essentials and ECDL Extra, do I also get an ECDL certificate?
When you successfully complete both qualifications you will automatically be issued with an ECDL certificate.
16. Are ECDL tests available in Office 2007?
Yes, the ECDL tests are available in Office 2007 as well as 2010 and 2013.
17. What is the current syllabus version for ECDL?
The current ECDL syllabus version is v5.0.
18. How long are the tests?
The duration of the test for each of the l ECDL units at Level 1 and 2 are 45 minutes. The duration for each of the ECDL Advanced Level 3 tests is 1 hour.
19. What are the Guided Learning Hours for ECDL?
The BCS recommends approximately 185 hours, however, it is dependent upon each learner and their prior skills, knowledge experience in using the computer.
20. Who is the ECDL qualification suitable for?
The ECDL qualification is suitable for people of all ages, including pre-16
21. How do I register with Aspyra to take ECDL Exams?
When you contact us and express an interest in registering to take the ECDL exams with us, we will send you an ECDL Exam booking Form for completion and return, providing all the relevant information. Upon receipt of the relevant information, we will process your registration and invite arrange for the commence of your tests with you.
22. When will I receive my ECDL Essentials & Extra certificates?
Afte the successful completion of all tests, your certificate may take up to 4 weeks to reach us, after which we will make contact with you to arrange its collection or delivery.
23. How many people have their ECDL?
According to the ECDL Foundation, over 12 million students have completed the course since it launched in 1995. Of those candidates, at least 2 million have come from the UK, with the rest qualifying in one of 24,000 test centres in over 150 countries.
24. Are there any entry requirements to study for ECDL?
You do not require any specific qualifications to start the ECDL course. However, some understanding of computers before you start is definitely an advantage.
25. Can I study ECDL part time?
Yes you can, as almost all ECDL courses take place part time, while others give you the option of studying via distance learning; Aspyra offers ECDL Online training courses for learners who want to study at their own pace, from home, work or anywhere that has an internet connection.
26. Is the ECDL all one qualification?
Here are different ECDLQualification:
- ECDL (7 units) which is the standard ECDL qualification
- ECDL Essentials which is the Level 1 qualification
- ECDL Extra which is the Level 2 qualificati and
- ECDL Advanced which is the Level 3 qualificatin.
27. How much does the ECDL course cost?
The cost of the ECDL course varies depending upon how you wish to study and the level of qualification you wish to take or whether you wish to pay for the whole course or pay per individual module dependent upon their circumstances. Have a look on our website at the different options available to you. You can also give us a call on 0115 822 4792 or send us an email at email@example.com to find out how best we can meet your needs.
28. What can I do with an ECDL qualification?
As a recognised global qualification, having the ECDL qualification can give you a huge boost when it comes to looking for employment anywhere in the world because it demonstrates that you have up-to-date and relevant computer skills and qualification. The units that you took will also provide you with an added CV boost, as you will be able to demonstrate some unique computer skills to your current or future employers. Also, the ECDL qualification may exempt you from having to take any computer skills tests at interviews because it already demonstrates that you have such skills.
29. Can Aspyra deliver the ECDL course in house to our staff?
Yes, we would be happy to deliver the ECDL course to your staff at your own site.