Our commitment to privacy
We aim to carry out our activities in accordance with the United Kingdom Data Protection Act, 1998 and the .General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is effective from 25 May 2018.
How we handle and use your data
It is important that you are empowered and informed regarding the handling and usage of your data and therefore we outline the following notice:
- The type of information we collect when you’re using our systems and platform
- Why we collect the information
- How we collect the information about you
- What we do with the information we collect
- How we share the information with other parties
- How long we keep your information, and how we protect it whilst we have it
- What we will not do with your information
- Your options and choice to control your information
- Your rights
- Links to other websites
We aim to be as open and clear as we possibly can with you regarding the information we collect, why we collect it and how we use it, to ensure you are informed and able to make decisions to control your information in ways that you are comfortable with. Whilst we hold your information, we will keep it up to date and protect it as sensitively as possible, using the relevant security safeguards in similar ways as we do our own. We will continually take into account best practice and the latest industry standards.
The type of information we collect
We may collect the following information about you, your business and the products and services you are interested in to enable us to meet your needs and improve the performance of such products and services:
- Your personal details and contact information including your name, email address, telephone/mobile number(s
- Transactional information (non-personally identifiable) about your purchase such as the order number, date, delivery details, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Other information we collect
- If you choose to request more information you may need to provide personal data to us through this website.
- You may also provide personal data through emails, letters and telephone calls to Aspyra.
- Generally, if you contact us, we may keep a record of your enquiry or complaint for a reasonable time in the event of you contacting us again.
How we collect information about you
In any interaction you may have with Aspyra Ltd, there are three possible ways we collect information:
1. When you directly give your information to us (“Directly Provided Data”).
2. When you log into our website and you give us permission to use that data (“User Authorised Data”).
3. When you make contact with us to find out about any aspect of our products or services.
If you give us information about another person, we will ask that person permission to process all their personal data and ensure they are aware of our data protection notices.
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping and to enable us to communicate with you
- We will need to use the information in order to process the product or service that you have purchased or enquired about
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, updates, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, including those that are contained on the website, such as our terms and conditions and changes that we may make on the Website.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or post. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- If you are making an enquiry or request for information and are not a Registered User, we will use your personal information to reply to your enquiries
How we share the information with other parties
As an accredited organisation and one that may receive funding to support our learners, it may become necessary for us to share your information with other organisations within our supply chain (processors) and other businesses that are our delivery partners, including our funders, awarding bodies, delivery partners and relevant stakeholders including auditors.
We also use Google Analytics to track the usage of our website usage. Google Analytics stores data about the pages you visit on www.aspyratraining.com, the length of time you spend on each page and how you got to the website as well as the topics you clicked on when you visit the website. Aspyra does not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
How long we keep your information, and how we protect your information
Please note that we only hold information for the period of time that is necessary for the effective delivery of our services. Any data beyond that period will have been deleted or anonymised.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Therefore, where you provide personal data to Aspyra Ltd the data will only be used for the service you have requested. We will not pass your information onto third parties unless in circumstances where such information is required to fulfil funding and accreditation purposes or further in the fulfilment of our services. This website does not automatically capture or store personal data from visitors to the site, other than to log the user’s IP address and session information. This information is used only for the administration of the site and in the compilation of aggregated statistics to measure the use of this site.
You will have a user name and we will issue you with a personal password and after verification, will allow you to sign in at any time and view your account details.We may also request other information including your title, any your work/invoice address however, you do not have to provide us with these details. For delegates booking exams, we may request additional information from you in order that we can process your exam registration in an efficient and effective way. You do not have to provide this information, however, if you do not, it may be difficult for us to process the registration of your exam. Subject to the restrictions set out in our Terms & Conditions, you can amend your details on the Website at any time when you log into your account.
Although we take all necessary technical steps to protect your data, please remember that we cannot guarantee that data transmission over the internet will be 100% secure, therefore, please note that when you use the website, you are doing so your own risk.
Please note: We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd parties.
What we will not do with your information
We will not sell, distribute or release your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Your options and choice to control your information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information we hold on you please write to The Managing Director, Aspyra Ltd, 46-48 Alfreton Road, Nottingham, NG7 3NN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email (email@example.com) us as soon as possible, at the above address and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you wish to find out what information we hold about you please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the platform where you will be able to access your ‘profile’ (the information we hold about you) and any recent transactions or uses of our services. You can also request the removal of your data by sending an email to email@example.com.
It is our aim to securely protect the data in our care and to operate at a minimum to industry standards. Therefore we hold your data on secure servers in the UK or in a secure loction in the cloud.
When transferring data to other organisations as described earlier, as part of our service delivery, we use secure file transfer protocols (SFTP). Secure data is not sent externally by email and we host internal systems securely.
Our payment gateway operates independently of our systems and is compliant to banking standards to ensure that payment data is not held on our main platform or systems and only exists in an extremely secure ‘banking’ environment.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are using or are visiting. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively write to us at:
46-48 Alfreton Road
Telephone: +44 (0)115 822 492