1. The European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) is a highly coveted qualification. According to the BCS, the Chartered Institute for IT, “ECDL is the global standard for computer users and an internationally recognised certification that is supported by governments, computer societies, and international organisations”.
2. ECDL is widely recognised by employers. “Employers need people who can contribute to achieving goals in the most efficient and productive way.
ECDL gives you the computer skills to do this. That’s why it is recognised and valued by companies around the world as the benchmark in IT user competence. Over 2 million people have taken ECDL in the UK alone.” (BCS The Chartered Institute of IT). When you complete the ECDL Course, you will therefore broaden your range of computer skills and improve your employment prospects and/or effectiveness in the workplace which is why the ECDL qualification is widely recognised by employers. Because ECDL is an up-to-date and relevant qualification, it proves to employers that you have a solid foundation of computer skills.
3. ECDL will help to increase your employment prospects. If you are looking for a new job, learning ECDL will enable you to gain the range of skills employers are looking for. The ECDL qualification will help you to gain these skills which appeal to people of all ages and abilities – from absolute beginner to experienced. According to the BCS The Chartered Institute of IT, employers said that having IT skills such as spreadsheet, word processing, and email knowledge are important when they are recruiting.
4. ECDL is available at three Levels – Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3. Whether you are an absolute beginner or advanced user, you can take the ECDL qualification at each level to meet your specific needs and requirements. Each qualification is made up of the following units: ECDL Essentials – Level 1 (IT User fundamentals, Using email and the Internet and Security for IT Users); ECDL Extra – Level 2 (Word Processing, Spreadsheets Software, Presentations Software and Improving Productivity Using IT); ECDL Advanced – Level 3 (Word Processing, Spreadsheets Software, Presentations Software, Databases Software and Improving Productivity Using IT)
5. There are different learning options available for Completing ECDL
Direct Delivery: The direct delivery option allows you to learn ECDL in a classroom-based training environment.
Online/Distance Learning: With the Online/Distance Learning option, you can learn where you want and when you want, providing you have access to a computer or laptop with an internet connection. This option provides you with an interactive online learning platform that has tasks and exercises based on the ECDL syllabus.
Distance Learning: Self-study learning through online and paper-based learning materials that include a range of tasks and exercises based on the ECDL syllabus. With all options, you will also receive mock examinations that enable you effectively prepare for your examinations.
Aspyra is an Accredited ECDL Test Centre, providing the full range of ECDL Courses via Direct Delivery and Online/Distance Learning.
As an ECDL Test Only Centre, learners can arrange to take their ECDL tests at mutually convenient dates and times.
For Bookings and Enquiries contact Aspyra on T. 0115 822 4792 or firstname.lastname@example.org